Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DEAD BATTERY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikey*2007

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: DEAD BATTERY Reply with quote

I HAVE RED BAND 100 HJP AFTER I HOUR RUNNING AND 6 STARTS MY BATTERY GOES DEAD . SWAPED BATTERY WITH FRESH ONE AND SAME THING HAPPENED DUPLECATED SAME FISHING TRIP BATTERY DOES NOT SPARK WHEN LEADS ARE CONECTED,I WONDER IF IT IS THE RECTIFYER OR ALTERNATER STATOR ANY IDEARS MOTOR RUNS FINE AND STARTS EASY MATE SAYS POLARITY CHANGED BUT BATTERY DOES NOT THOW OF SPARKS WHEN CONECTING LEADS
MikeW

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: DEAD BATTERY Reply with quote

Hello Mikey, it sounds like the rectifier is shot. If the stator was bad the engine would not run.
walterharris

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: DEAD BATTERY Reply with quote

Frustrated Fisherman, get to the lake and my 80 HP Merc battery does not seem to be charging, is there any suggestions what could be the problem and how it could be fixed?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MikeW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, what is the year and engine serial number? Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mercury / Mariner O/B All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: