Forum Index
The Boater's Guide to Information, Education & Scuttlebutt...

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reinstalling alpha one gen 2 lower unit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
countrysurfer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: reinstalling alpha one gen 2 lower unit Reply with quote

I have always had jetboats, jet-skis and outboards. Now I am dealing with a whole new animal.

I bought a 2000 Bayliner from a guy that was getting ripped off by a mechanic shop here in Florida. The boat is in great condition and has always been serviced but the last time that he took it out it over heated.

I removed the lower unit to install a new impeller and found that it was new but that it was missing the water tube that runs from the impeller housing to the upper unit. I also found that the exhuast bellows are gone. Well when I removed the lower unit I didn't put it into a forward gear and while it was sitting on the ground someone moved the shift lever on the lower unit. What do I do to set them back up so that I can reinstall it. I want to see if this stuff is going to fix the problem.
dvddave

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi shift the remote control to forward.Move the shift leaver on the lower unit to point forward while putting pressure on the prop shaft counter clockwise.As long as the shift leaver is pointing forward you should be all set.You will have turn the prop shaft so the splins will line up in the engine coupler make sure you rotate it counter clockwise if you turn the other way the drive will come out of forward gear and youl have to start over. PLAYSAFE DVDDAVE
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mercruiser All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: